If you can’t adopt, but you’d still like to help, there are many things you can choose from!
Foster – We are always in need of foster homes. Please contact us for more information and a foster application.
Volunteer – We need volunteers for a variety of tasks including fundraising, outreach, transport, newsletters, etc.
Donate – Donations are always greatly appreciated! Please check out our Wish List below to see what items we’re in need of. You can give a monetary donation by mailing it to OPRats – see the contact us page for our address. We will soon have a link to Canada Helps where you can donate online.
- Monetary donations in the form of cash/cheque or Paypal
- Foster homes and volunteers
- Gift certificates to Pet Valu or Pet Smart for rat supplies
- Gift Certificates to gas stations for transporting rats
- Rat appropriate cages (1/2 inch bar spacing needed the most, or small cages for quarantine and baby rats)
- Large exercise wheels and accessories including igloos, food bowls, hammocks, water bottles and toys
- Yesterday’s News, aspen, hemp, Carefresh or other safe beddings. No pine or cedar please.
- Harlan Teklad 14% protein or Oxbow rat food
- Storage containers to store supplies
- Fleece fabric to make hammocks